Sunday, April 26, 2009

Truxtun ready for any mission

BY SCHUYLER KROPF

The guided-missile destroyer Truxtun was commissioned into the U.S. Navy under a beaming blue sky Saturday, welcomed in as the most advanced warship in the world today.

Its funny. I am a stay-at-home dad and in Charleston I have come across the weirdest names ever for kids. I have met a Jessen, a Cooper, and, my personal favorite, a Seabrook. I also went to high school who named her kid Furman. These names typically come from the upper middle class and of the WASP persuasion. Sadly, I think some WASP had the naming right to this one. Truxtun? Really?

Also, thank you Schuyler for letting us know the weather forecast in your lede and that it was a "beaming blue sky Saturday." Its rather appropriate there. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment