Thursday, April 16, 2009

Film based on Nicholas Sparks book drawing attention in Charleston

BY BILL THOMPSON

After having transformed the second-floor lobby of the Galliard Municipal Auditorium into an airport security checkpoint complete with "gates," director Lasse Hallström and his "Dear John" crew spent Thursday shooting a series of exterior and interior shots on King Street.


Truthfully, I haven't even read the lede. I don't plan on it either. The funny thing about this is that I got this in my Post and Courier Preview email. Every Thursday, the send out an email 'previewing' (ah, catchy isn't it) the culture around Charleston. I get some articles on music, art, movies and a decent columnist. However, this one has been the only story under "Movie" since November 13, 2008. That's right. It has been 128 days or 18 weeks since they have changed it. I know things tend to move slower in South Carolina, but this might be a bit over the top. Here's hoping for 20 weeks. Only two more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment