Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quick work kept suspect in U.S.

BY BO PETERSEN

Jose Perea was 10 miles from the Rio Grande. The man accused of killing Helen Lynn Hancock was about to vanish. All that stopped him were two "freaked out" roommates and police who worked against a ticking clock.

So, Bo delivers a powerful follow up on the whole dead hooker mugshot story from yesterday. Bo actually sets it up nicely. He's reeling me in with suspense and drama. And just when I'm about to click on the link, I get the "freaked out" part. Really? Freaked out? You had to quote that, Bo? Yesterday, you were the guy who made strangulation "grisly." Couldn't spew some adjectives this time? Damn. However, the only thing I could think of while reading this was the Jerry Maguire scene. "I'm going to do what everybody expects me to do and flip out, man!!!" Its not freak out, but its still close enough for a comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment