Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Strangulation suspect captured

BY NADINE PARKS, BO PETERSEN
Jose Roman Cauih Perea woke to find the body of the prostitute he hired. That's what police think happened in a grisly strangulation Friday of a woman later found in the bushes by a Rantowles Creek boat landing near Ravenel.


Oh what a joyous day!!!! I wake up and check my email and I find this treasure staring me in the face. Not only do we get a mugshot of the suspect, we get a mugshot of the dead hooker too. WOO HOO!!! And not only do I get a dead hooker mugshot, I get a Bo Petersen lede. This is almost the equivalent of B.T.L.'s Perfect Storm.

Let's break this gem down:
"Jose Roman Cauih Perea woke to find the body of the prostitute he hired." Since when, Bo, do prostitutes stay the night? Also, do we need the entire name? Jose Perea would have sufficed unless we didn't want to confuse all the other Jose Perea's in the Charleston area.

"That's what police think happened in a grisly strangulation Friday of a woman later found in the bushes by a Rantowles Creek boat landing near Ravenel." The police think he had a sleepover? The police think Jose strangled her when she found her in his bed? I'm confused where Bo is taking me. However, to take us deeper into the scene, we are given the adjective "grisly." Because most stragulations are gentle, we needed to know that police think that this one is "grisly." Other things I think are grisly: Waffle House steak, Robert Duval, strangualtions. Got it. Also, I like the logic problem presented by Bo this morning. If you need me to break it down, here you go:

Jose finds hooker in bed
Hooker in bed was killed by strangulation
Hooker's body in bushes near a boat landing in Ravenel.
Jose left body there.

Did you get that? It's kind of early for logic problems, but its ok. I'm here to work it out for you.

Also, if you click on the link and follow the story there is this little gem: "Decrepit mobile homes line the dirt roads, and a flock of chickens and several feral cats roam freely among heaps of trash and tall weeds." Poetry. Sheer poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment