Monday, May 17, 2010

Wreck occurs at Brookland property

BY SCHUYLER KROPF


EDISTO ISLAND -- Authorities responded to a small- vehicle wreck Sunday at the plantation property connected to former S.C. Treasurer Thomas Ravenel.


I have to hand it to Schuyler. The man (I hope?) sure knows how to pique my interest in a story. Do I really care about a small vehicle wreck on Edisto Island? No. But throw in the words Thomas Ravenel and I'm instantly nostalgic for a time when I snorted half my weight in cocaine in my 20s while working F&B at a downtown bar. Amazing what one man's legacy will do to your own memories.

Oh, Thomas Ravenel. You're drug addiction is sorely missed in the news. However, thank you for owning properties at one time and then selling them so the P&C can use that missing link in atrocious, boring stories. Also...are you holding? Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment